Orthodontics for Children
According to The American Association of Orthodontics (AAO), it is recommended that children receive an orthodontic screening by age 7.
More About Orthodontics For Children
While many kids may visit the orthodontist before or around the age of 7, it doesn’t mean that braces or other orthodontic treatment will be put in place right away, it just means that our friendly orthodontic team will be able to spot any problems early on. Once we have analyzed your child’s specific issues, Dr. Dickens will formulate the correct treatment plan for your child.
The team at Star Orthodontics treats children for several common issues such as:
- Crowded Teeth
- Overlapping Teeth
- Problems with Jaw Growth
- Problems with Tooth Development
Reasons to book an orthodontic consultation for your child:
- Dr. Dickens can spot minor issues with jaw growth and emerging teeth while baby teeth are still present.
- Straight looking teeth doesn’t always mean your child doesn’t need orthodontics. We always recommend a thorough examination to detect potential orthodontic problems that may have been overlooked.
- Bite check: while your child’s bite may be fine right now, our team can monitor development as they mature.
- Being proactive can prevent many serious mouth, jaw and teeth problems your child may face later on as a teenager or adult.
- We can help to correct habits such as thumb sucking that can be harmful to your child’s growth.
- Dr. Dickens can help influence where your child’s permanent teeth will come in by addressing the structure of their jaw and teeth while their baby teeth are still in their mouth.
We strive to...
Insurance & Billing
If you have insurance that will be covering any portion of your orthodontic treatment, our office staff is always available to help you with insurance claims and paperwork.
Please let us know if you have any questions about your insurance coverage or ideas about how we can make your entire orthodontic experience a pleasant one.
Our practice is pleased to present flexible payment plans through Lending Club Patient Solutions. Enjoy a selection of flexible plans with low fixed rates and monthly payments, no upfront payment, and no prepayment penalty.
Why Choose Our Practice
Caring For Our Community
Star Orthodontics is known in the Matthews, South Charlotte, and Union County communities as the best office around for orthodontic care, and that has been the case for more than 30 years. Our priority is to exceed your expectations.
Family Oriented And Friendly
We love our patients and their families and it shows in the great care that we take to make every appointment a positively wonderful experience. We go the extra mile to ensure that you receive the best possible care.
A Practice You Can Count On
The world of orthodontics can generate many questions, but rest assured that we are never too busy to ease your concerns! You are important to us and we want you to look forward to spending your time in our office.
Our Satisfied Patients
We are so thankful to all of our amazing patients who have taken the time to share their experiences on Google, Facebook, and other online sources.